This delicious fresh pasta dish can be eaten warm or cold, and is a take on avocado smash. The perfect combination of creamy avocado, deliciously flavoursome tomatoes, and zingy lime, will make this a regular feature in your ‘Veganuary’ menu. Leftovers could be taken to work for a cold lunch the following day. The Edamame beans give you the protein you need to keep that metabolism firing and feeling full.
If you aren’t fully vegan, and still eat eggs, I think this would be delicious served with a poached egg on top (and of course that means extra protein too!)Print
Deliciously zingy, fresh pasta dish
230g wholemeal linguine
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 avocado , stoned, peeled, and chopped
200g fresh edamame beans (shelled weight)
2 large ripe tomatoes , chopped
½ pack fresh coriander, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions – about 10 mins.
- In a separate pan, toss the edamame beans in a few sprays of spray oil, for a few minutes.
- Put the lime juice and zest in a medium bowl with the avocado, tomatoes, coriander, onion and chilli, if using, and mix well.
- Add the cooked edamame beans.
- Drain the pasta, toss into the bowl and mix well.
- Serve straight away while still warm, or leave until chilled and serve cold.
If you aren’t vegan you could also add a poached egg to the top of this dish, to make it feel truly decadent.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Calories: 334