This delicious Chinese dish makes a tasty Friday night treat. It is so quick and easy – 20 minutes from start to finish – quicker than your average take away delivery, and with a less gloopy sauce and no added MSG!
Serve with a small portion of boiled rice, and you still have a take away style meal for less than 450 calories. Alternatively, if you want to keep it really low, use Konjac noodles for around 30 calories for a large portion.Print
Delicious Chinese style fake-away!
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch strips or cubes)
1 pinch each salt & pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive/ sesame oil
Small bunch spring onions scallions, chopped
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha (add more for more heat)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the honey, ginger, sriracha, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame seeds and optional sesame oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, cornstarch, salt and pepper until the chicken is coated.
3. Heat a large pan over high heat for 2 minutes. After the two minutes add the chicken and oil to the pan.
4. Stirfry the chicken for 5-6 minutes or until it is golden brown.
5. Add the sauce that you made earlier and allow it to simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is thick and sticky.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan. Sprinkle with spring onions and if desired add more sesame seeds.
7. Serve with rice or noodles (Add calories)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Calories: 260