Zesty and sweet, these cheesecake bites are the perfect little sweet treat for a dessert or snack. We have kept the base lower calorie, by swapping the standard digestive biscuits for ginger nuts, which makes this cheesecake an absolute burst of flavour.Print
Zesty, fiery and sweet treat for under 90 calories per portion
220g of Reduced Fat Cream Cheese *Don’t use fat free*
190g Reduced Fat Greek Yoghurt
75g Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons of Plain Flour
2 Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons of Melted Butter (I used Coconut Oil)
10 Ginger Nut Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a baking tray (with high edges) with greaseproof paper.
- Break the biscuits into fine crumbs (using a food processor or bag and a rolling pin).
- Add in the butter/ coconut oil until combined.
- Place mixture into baking tray and cook for 3-5 minutes * If you cook for longer than this it begins to burn*
- Beat the cream cheese and greek yoghurt until smooth. Add the sugar and mix until it is combined.
- Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract, flour and the egg whites one at a time and mix until it is combined.
- Add the blueberries and fold gently into mixture.
- Put the cheesecake mixture onto the already cooked base
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- If possible, put the cheesecake in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars and serve (makes 16).
*Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days*
- Calories: 90