These deliciously spicy tandoori chicken legs are a perfect accompaniment to the chickpea, spinach and lentil dahl, or could be made in advance and had cold with a salad for a lighter meal. You could even make extra and use the meat in your very own Be Strong Kebab the following day. Chicken legs have a lot more flavour than breast meat, and marinating them in the Indian spices, gives it a real depth of flavour and a bit of a kick… who needs a take away when you make these in less time than it takes for your delivery to arrive!Print
Simple, easy spicy chicken legs. Delicious served with our chickpea, spinach and lentil dahl.
4 chicken leg quarters
100 mls of fat free natural yoghurt
Tandoori spice mix from Morrisons
- Remove the skin from the chicken legs
- Mix the yoghurt and a generous helping of tandoori mixed spices.
- Coat the chicken in the yoghurt mix and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
- Cook the coated chicken in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes – check the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with the chickpea and spinach dahl or a salad.
Marinading the chicken overnight will intensify the flavours, so prep in advance if you can.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Calories: 200