This recipe is a perfect lower calorie alternative to the regular heavy Easter Sunday lunch of Roast Lamb with all the trimmings. It makes a great alternative if you are continuing to watch your calories over the Easter period, or just if you have over indulged on the Easter Bunny’s deliveries.
This salmon dish is really easy to cook, with simple clean flavours, that everyone will enjoy. Everything is baked, in the oven making it easy on the washing up too.Print
Beautiful tender salmon fillets, with delicious mediterranean vegetables, and baked baby potatoes.
4 Salmon fillets (approx 130g each)
One red pepper, chopped
One yellow pepper, chopped
One courgette, sliced
One red onion, chopped
Baby vine tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (about 20), halved
Juice of a whole lemon
Rind of half a lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
16 new potatoes or baby potatoes, halved
- Set the oven to 180 degrees c.
- In a large oven proof dish, place the halved potatoes and spray with spray oil and a sprinkle of dried parsley. Place in the oven.
- In another oven proof dish place all the chopped vegetables and spray with spray oil, a sprinkle of basil and a little squeeze of the lemon juice, mix well. After the potatoes have been in the oven for 10 minutes, place the vegetables in the oven.
- In a jug or a bowl, mix the remainder of the juice from the lemon, the rind of half a lemon, freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of dill.
- Brush the salmon fillets with this mixture. Once the vegetables have been in for 10 minutes, and potatoes have been in for 20 minutes, put the salmon on top of the vegetables, pour any remaining mixture over the vegetables, cover the oven dish with foil to seal in the moisture and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove both trays from the oven, check the salmon is cooked through – serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Calories: 385